Helping American companies expand their exports to new markets.
Webinars on Using the Tool
To help U.S. companies learn how to use the New to Market Tool and make the most of the results, we will be hosting a series of free webinars.
Click on a link to register for the webinars:
- Wednesday, November 28 at 4:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, December 5 at 3:00 PM EST
- Wednesday, December 12 at 4:00 PM EST
- Tuesday, December 18 at 10:00 AM EST
Each webinar will last approximately one hour.
Among U.S. companies that export, more than half only export to one market.
The Market Diversification Tool can help identify potential new export markets using your current trade patterns. Based on the products you export and the markets you currently export to, the tool uses an algorithm to rank potential markets you may want to consider as future export markets.
The algorithm used to develop the ranking does three main things. It:
- Compares potential export markets to the market where you are already exporting, based on the premise that it may be easier to export to similar countries
- Examines product-specific trade data to see whether potential markets are primed for more exports from the U.S. of the product(s) in question; and
- Considers data that reflects whether potential export markets are generally good markets for exporting and doing business
The Market Diversification Tool was developed by the Industry and Analysis unit within the International Trade Administration.
It is a great starting point to supplement your own research into potential export markets. We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with the tool for the best results.Learn More